Goodbye, sweet friend...


Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my sweet Russ. I rescued him from the pound when he was 9 months old; he lived to be nearly 15 1/2. In all those years, I'm sure I learned more from him than he did from me. Russ was smart, loyal, mellow, funny and my self-appointed protector from pretty much the moment we met. Many people over the years have commented that he was an old soul and I believe that to be true. He was a special and unique dog and I am honored that he chose me to be his person. I hope heaven appreciates him as much as we did.


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

My heart goes out to you over the loss of your sweet friend. All of my children were the four-legged variety and I loved them every bit as much as I've loved humans. What a sweet little face Russ had.

I'll be thinking of you.
Sam
Eileen: So sorry to hear about your precious Russ. I know how those puppies can control one's heartstrings!
I'll think of him playing with our two dalmatians, Cooper and Argos, in that meadow at the Rainbow Bridge and waiting for us to join them someday.

Best,
Bonnie
Flavia Galasso said…
I'm so sorry for you!!! But I tell you one thing: everytime you are going to see twoo near stars in the sky...they are going to be Russ's eyes.... he is with you always.... a big hug from me, Mou and Topsy .... you're right we must be so proud that they choose us as their persons
Anonymous said…
What a sweet dog! I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to him. :(

In case you missed it...