Inspired by nature...



I keep finding myself drawn to brighter colors. Pastels used to be all I wanted to see, but the last couple of years in particular I have noticed I really love brighter colors. Although, as you may notice, my brighter colors still seem to have a bit of a pastel base, just in a brighter tint. As I set out to create a few lovely solid color fabrics, I just worked until I had colors that I absolutely loved.
It wasn’t until I had already tested the colors and printed swatches that I discovered my creations were clearly inspired by Mother Nature herself, though it wasn’t a conscious decision. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised ~ her work is full of gorgeous colors that are beyond anything we could dream up alone.
I realized my new Bright Peach fabric and gift wrap bore an uncanny resemblance to those lovely peach carnations on my coffee table. And my Bright Pink seemed nearly a perfect match for these lovely pink flowers.
  




Then there is my Sea Green color creation, which was inspired by a number of things, including my recent trip to Hawaii, and the colors I painted the cabinets in my mudroom and the fireplace mantle on the porch (photos of that project to come soon). Plus, that bluish-green shade just seems to be one of my favorite colors of late.
I also think these three new colors look lovely together ~ a nice bright bunch. What do you think?


I am linking to:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Photos and designs by The Pink Home

Comments

Vidya said…
Hello Eileen! you have a lovely blog :) I'm so glad you stopped at my and commented.. I love the color inspirations on this page..
Kathy said…
brilliant colors! Nature is surely inspirational! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

In case you missed it...