Featured Collection: Scotland Lover...


Today I would like to introduce you to my Scotland Lover collection. I fell in love with Scotland while watching the television show Outlander. Aside from loving the show, I was so struck by the beauty of the Highlands that I just had to visit. After visiting, I was ready to move (at least in my dreams...). That was a couple of years ago, but I am still in love with Scotland and its beauty, history and people. Somehow that love became a pattern collection.
It all started with the green pattern shown below, Scottish Isle. I created this pattern from a photograph I took on the Isle of Skye in Scotland of a Scottish thistle.



Purple Plaid, shown below, was actually created before the other two patterns in this collection. At the time I created it, it was a one-off. But after I created Scottish Isle and Lilac Stars, I realized I wanted a third pattern to pull together as a collection. I was debating what to do next when I realized I already had a pattern that would balance the other two. And being plaid, well, of course it belongs in a tribute to Scotland.


Lilac Stars, shown below, is another pattern I created from a photograph. I just love how it works with Scottish Isle ~ it would make a lovely accent, or vice versa. (I actually like this pattern so much I created it in different color ways and sizes, which you can spot if you look around my Spoonflower shop.)


All three patterns are available on Spoonflower and Roostery in a variety of home decor (bedding, table linens, curtains, pillows, etc.), as well as wallpaper. You can also purchase fabric by the yard on Spoonflower if you prefer. Click here to shop the collection.




Designs by The Pink Home

Comments

In case you missed it...