My House Rules
As odd as it may sound, I’ve learned a lot from the color pink.Just seeing that perfect shade of pink somehow makes me feel calmer, happier. Pink makes everything it touches seem a little nicer, a little prettier, a little sweeter, like that cupcake. If sadness is blue or gray, then happiness must be pink.
I realized surrounding myself with a color that produced those types of feelings was more than a lark, it was a way to live. Try it and you’ll see what I mean. It’s not that everything in my home is pink (though the thought is tempting...), it’s just that having pink around me ~ pillows, fabrics, flowers, my living room walls, Christmas decorations ~ makes me feel content. It makes me feel happy and inspired. Pink is more than a color to me; it’s a way to live, surrounded by the things I find beautiful.
The Pink Home’s House Rules
1. Never underestimate what a can of paint can do ~ for a room, a piece of furniture or your well-being.
2. Comfort doesn’t have to equal ugly.
3. Embracing your own style and sense of beauty is a gift to yourself and the universe.
4. Slow down when possible (which is more often than you think).
5. Politeness goes a long way.
6. Appropriateness should always be considered.
7. Fresh, homemade food is better for the body and soul than anything that comes out of a box (except maybe brownies).
8. If you always keep your eyes open for beauty, you’ll spot it easier and more often.
9. If you’re unsure, leave it in the store.
My House Rules have even made an appearance in the magazine Belle Inspiration.
Photos by The Pink Home