Inspired: Vintage brooch napkin rings...



Some things are so fabulous, you have to share them more than once. This is one of those times. I recently shared these on my other blog, but since I have so many different readers here ~ and these are such an inspired creation ~ I thought they were worth sharing again.
A dear friend of mine recently gave me one of the coolest gifts ever ~ napkin rings she created using metal rings and vintage brooches. For a jewelry lover and napkin lover like me (we always use cloth napkins in my house), could there be a more perfect gift? I absolutely love them. So much so, in fact, I've put them in a little bowl on display in my dining room even when not in use. I keep my other napkin rings tucked away in a cupboard and pull them out when I'm setting a proper table, but these are too fabulous not to be seen every day.
If you're wondering how she made them, she hot-glued the brooches to the metal napkin rings. A little tricky and you have to make sure they attach well, but she said it wasn't overly difficult. She had been collecting the brooches for awhile; the hardest part was finding the right napkin rings. So if you have a collection of old brooches and you've been wondering what to do with them, you might want to give this idea a whirl. As you can see, it's a wonderful way to enjoy something beautiful that might otherwise just be stuck in a box for most of its life.



Photos by The Pink Home

Comments

mail4rosey said…
I remember my mother and grandmother having brooches like those that they just loved. How neat to see them used this way.

In case you missed it...