Summer polka dots & stripes...




With summer just around the corner, I find my color palette changing, as I do every season. In the summer I want pretty pastels with a few bright spots sprinkled in. And there is something about stripes and polka dots that always make me think of warm weather, picnics and days on the beach. Polka dots are just so naturally fun and carefree, like summer. And while stripes can be staid and structured, done in the right widths and colors, they too can feel like summer.
That summer feeling is just what I was trying to capture when I designed these large polka dot and stripe patterns. Enlarging the size of the design instantly pumped up the fun, and I chose colors that make me happy and paired them with white to give them that cooling, soothing feeling white always seems to provide in the summer. And while my favorites are what I call the “bright pastels,” I did throw in a nice black & white, a strong green and purple, and, of course, a very light pink. Each color has a polka dot and stripe pattern that pairs perfectly (such as the lavender directly above and below), or you can mix and match as you like.


Here’s the full palette of colors:


As with most of my designs, you can buy these patterns in bedding, curtains, pillows, table linens and more, or you can purchase just the fabric to make whatever your heart desires. You can also get these patterns in wallpaper and gift wrap.





Oh! And a sidenote: Spoonflower is updating its user interface, as you can see from the screenshot below. It’s a wonderful improvement and allows you to shop both Spoonflower and Roostery with ease.



All designs by The Pink Home

Comments

In case you missed it...