Bright and cheerful...



While occasionally the idea of an all-white house appeals to me when I'm daydreaming, the truth is I couldn't live without color. We live in a little rented Craftsman beach cottage that practically calls out for a splash of color ~ it's just such a cute, cheery house. Repainting the walls is out since we're renting, but there are plenty of other ways to bring color into a room ~ art, pillows, blankets, etc. The bright pillows and the quilt on this card are from our living room, which you can see below. The grouping was just so cheerful and bright, I had to snap a picture. It makes an adorable little note card, don't you think?
I typically go in for softer colors and pastels, but once in a while a pop of bright color is good to liven up things. When we move back East into our old house, my redecorating plans call for mostly softer colors again ~ lots of pink, naturally. So it's a nice change for me to have so many bright colors about now.
If you'd like to see more of our cottage (or our last cottage), click on the Decorating tab at the top of this blog. You'll find a lot of photos and at the bottom of the page, links to various posts about my house. For more on the cards, click here.
Wishing everyone a cheerful and colorful week...



Photos by The Pink Home

Comments

I love your cheerful pops of color! It says spring to me.

In case you missed it...